Sunday, June 17, 2012

Hike to Wanale #2

It is Josh's last weekend with us so 4 of us plus David decided to hike to the waterfall behind our house again! This is the one I posted about like the first weekend I got here! This time it wasn't as hard because we walked up the path we walked down last time which was ten times easier. 
This is the best part, getting to the top and playing in the waterfall
 Kara's looking real hot in the back there haha
 David was suppossed to be taking a picture of our hair flipped but he decided to take one like this...
...and he cracked himself up because of it. His laugh is seriously hilarious. I love him.
Josh had to take over and take the picture haha
 BABES
 Even though this time the hike was easier, I still managed to get a gnarly blister because of my dumb new chacos. I bought them specifically for hiking and they hurt me. Rude. By the halfway point up the mountain I seriously couldn't bare to wear them anymore because they were blistering my feet so bad.  Walking the up the rest of the mountain (as well as the whole way down) barefoot wasn't as bad as you think. And I mean if the Africans can do it, why can't I? Right?
It is honestly so beautiful up there. You can almost see all of Africa. Almost. Haahaha
David: "I'm just gunna jump and meet you guys down there"
 Namaste. 
I was actually feeling peaceful at this moment and didn't want to get out of position after the picture but the other insisted we continued on...lame.

I love being in Africa, I've never been in a more beautiful place in my life. It has really made me appreciate what a beautiful world God has created. 

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog, because I always feel like you are sitting right here next to me telling me the story, instead of me reading it. I literally can hear you mad at your shoes and saying "rude". It makes me happy that you update this blog, because it makes me feel like your still kind of close, even though you are practically in a whole other world!
    LOVE YOU Majita! xOxO

    ReplyDelete