Saturday, June 30, 2012

Oh baby babyyy

The health clinic is looking real nice. We went back just for the day on Friday to put the finishing touches on it...aka cement the floors. I found these adorable children.
These are bricks for the clinic to ventilate it? We are true Africans
Here is a bridge we cross on the way...made of trees. Super rad. Super unsafe.
Passing cement toooooo, you guessed it, cement the floors! It's so cool seeing all these bricks up because we helped carry those!
cemented hands are happy hands
We've done well.
We are obviously working really hard in this picture. At this point we were done and we were forced to pretend to do more work because a villager wanted a picture of us
Here it is! We cemented two rooms out of five. So what's left is to cement the last three rooms and put the roof on!! So exciting!! Thank you to everyone who donated, honestly you will have a lasting impact on the people of this village. We have meetings constantly with the people who help build the clinic and they are constantly thanking us. But we couldn't of done it without the people that donated!
Can we just talk about how freaken adorable this child is?! He honestly makes my heart melt. I could not stop looking at him the whole time we were waiting to leave. For some reason he reminded me of Jake (my younger brother) because he was so shy but so adorable. It's honestly creepy how obsessed I am with all the little boys I see here. I have a weird personal connection with them because I grew up with younger brothers?? I want to be their older sister/mother and just babysit/take care/raise them. I am so close to bringing a child home you have no idea. I may or may have not looked into it.
And then we have me. This picture has a story, I don't post pictures of myself because I like the way I look people. I'm in Africa...not always looking my best but I accept it and build health clinics. Anyway,  on the way home from the village we got dropped off like 20 minutes walking distance from our house and Ashley and I felt like running so we ran home. Scariest/best decision ever! It was starting to get dark (one of the reasons we started running) and like when we were sooo close to our house we could literally not see anything. We were laughing so hard. Then some random African was playing Chris Brown outloud on his phone and we sprinted to the soothing sound of that beautiful voice and made it home. I walk in the kitchen and find Sam just finishing dinner and he started laughing at me saying I look vey interesting. I tell him the story and he laughs again and takes a picture of me on his phone hahha. You can't tell in this picture but I knotted my skirt at the top because it was falling down when I was running. I run in skirts and TOMS. I'm a pretty big deal.
We came home to an extravagant meal consisting of....avacado salad, cabbage salad, spesketti, potatoes, meat sauce to go with the spesketti and fried rice. Ohhhh baby it was sooo good. One of the best meals yet! Sam spoils us.
Sam and I pinky promised. Pinky promised what you ask? Can't tell. Pinky promised...to make the promise more official because he didn't believe me, I took a picture of it. That's all you need to know...

No comments:

Post a Comment