Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Whoaaaaa

Soooo it's already been a week I didn't realize until now. That's my b. Time is flyinggggg. The first wave people are already leaving next week!! I have already been here a month. No way. Way. Cray cray. So i spent the past 3 days in Bunabuyoka village again!!! Seriously everytime I go there I love it more and more. It honestly feels like my home. We arrived to these beautiful children greeting us at the school before our 20 minute walk to the village. The little girl I'm holding came right up to me and started touching my hand. She was adorable.
When we were leaving, they starting following us
When we arrived we checked out the progress they made on the health clinic while we were gone. They made 5000 bricks with the brick machine and stored them in their church which they used for school but not anymore because the school we roofed is finished!!
They put us right to work when we got there. We made an assembly line up part of the mountain and carried buckets of sand. Our hands got real dirty.
We had BEANS for lunch which is rare and Mallory started crying she was so excited. This is a true story, no exaggeration involved. Got the picture to prove it.


Lets just take a pause and talk about how adorable these children are. Winnie with her little brother Cyrus on her back. I love themmmmmmm

The next couple days were full of more manual labor...
Just carrying sand up a mountain, NBD
 Here we are on the foundation carrying rocks in an assembly line.
 Here we are transferring the bricks from the church to the foundation of the health clinic (p.s. i love that woman carrying the brick)
 Now we are carrying cement in an assembly line.
 Me and my favorite, Derrik being deep
 And now we break and play with the children!! Just making indian noises with the precious ones.
 and funny faces
I literally sat with them for a good hour and we sang, laughed, and danced.
Click here to see us sing. Their happiness amazes me.
During cement laying, Carlee and I put some war paint on our face. Here we are with our children whom we want to adopt.
 The next day again consisted of carrying sand up the mountain. The children came and helped us during their break which was very motivating after doing it for 2 hours.
I helped Sara make lunch!
 She is incredible. This is her kitchen. Thats a pot of rice. The way she prepares food is honestly impossible. I don't know how she does it but she does. She is one of the happiest women I have ever met. She continuously told me how much she loves me and how she never wants us to leave.
 This is posho. Aka flour and water. This is a lot harder than it looks. Especially the part where all the smoke gets in your eyes.
 It has become an art of mine, eating with my hands. I use avocado as a utensil. Creative? I think yes.
The food tasted so much better after preparing it, even though it always tastes good. I helped make posho, rice, and chicken. I have never been so grateful for a stove in my life. It was honestly so inspiring to see Sara cook in that little kitchen of hers. She controlled the flame by blowing on the fire and putting just the right amount of tree (firewood) in the flame. 
My love for this village continues to grow every time I go. Here's the progress we made on the clinic
Hopefully by the time we go back, the walls will be up so the only thing left to do will be to cement the floors and put a roof on it!! We are still looking for donations!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment