Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Mulalu!

In Africa, we have fun. Today Carlee and I purchased a bunny. She had this inside joke with Jan and said she would get her one before she left but in a joking way but then we actually went and bought it. Some woman living in the slum was selling them. Don't know how she got them but they were there and we purchased one for 5,000 shilings which is equivlant to approximately two dollars. 
Please try to ignore my "I look like I just woke up because I did" look.
 Mulalu means crazy in Luganda, when we put the bunny in my new African bag it tried to escape therefore we named it Mulalu. The name didn't stick for long. Jan, Jennilyn and Josh decided to rename it "J" because all of their names obviously start with J and the bunny was a parting gift for them.
I helped Sam our cook make dinner which took about 3 hours. But it was the best 3 hours of my life. We seriously had so much fun. I could honestly not stop laughing. He was like "Kelsey you are cool, I like you, you are funny and crazy." Hahahaha ahhhh I love him. I may or may not have told him to come to America in 5 years to work at my resturaunt/bakery/cafe called Kelsey's Kitchen. He may or may not be dead set on seriously coming to America in 5 years to be the head chef of Kelsey's Kitchen. Looks like I got some planning to do when I get home, eh? (Hm apparently I'm canadian) Here I am rolling Chipote (a tortilla like food not to get confused with the resturaunt, Chipotle)
Here is Sam cooking the Chipote 
To celebrate our teams last night together with everyone we made cookies!! Who says you can't make cookies without an oven or measuring cups. NOT US! We improvise with the stove. Thas wasss uppp
Since the first 6 weeks is ending, some of us are leaving which is actually not the greatest. We have all become so close and it's going to be so weird having 3 people gone. Here is our last group picture of the whole groupppp :( Have a nice life Josh, Jennilyn and Jan. Remember that time we lived in Africa together for 6 weeks?

1 comment:

  1. love love love ~ I feel like I'm reading a book and every day I open my blog reader to read the next chapter.

    ReplyDelete