Thursday, July 19, 2012

Teacher Training

So this weekend we taught about 50 teachers of a Secondary School (high school) better teaching methods such as classroom management, teaching strategies, and assessment! I felt super awkward/inadequet considering I am not a teacher and I was teaching teachers how to teach better. Hmmm. I studied up on my topic which was assessment and partnered up with Ryan and we dominatedddd!! Look how cute we are preparing for our lesson 
So the time management sucks here. The teacher training workshop was suppossed to be an all day thing from like 8am to 5pm. We figured that nobody would show up until 9:30 because African time is usually an hour behind. We were way off and nobody showed up until 11am! This totally threw off our schedule but we managed to plan accordingly! Ryan and I didn't end up teaching until the second half of the day and in the mean time we listened to this man speak about who knows what for a good hour. (not in the schedule but not surprising)

Apparently everyone was feeling the same as us about his lecture.
Hahahaha
Let the teaching begin!
I'm so official
Just teaching some teachers how to teach better. So not intimidating. Oh wait...
It was a really neat experience to be able to teach these teachers. They were really receptive of the information and were grateful for the workshops!!

No comments:

Post a Comment