Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Day Has Come

I leave in 5 hours to the airport people.... 
FIVE HOURS. 
I am sooo overwhelmed with how much I have been spoiled today by my family and friends. 
Honestly. 
Let me just share what happened today.

Lara woke me up at 12pm asking if I was going to wake up hahaha so I did.
We did a whole bunch of last minute craziness--->I can't even list how much craziness.
In the midst of it all when Lara went to go pick up the boys from school she brought home Chick-fil-a!!
A great last real lunch.

We ran some errands and came home to repack and weigh both suitcases multiple times.
Richard brought home dinner (Islands) which was a great last real dinner! HAHA

After dinner I got distracted and played an intense game of monkey in the middle with the little brothers. Well it was mostly me, Trevor, Tyler and the dog, Lilly. 
Jake just sat on the couch and laughed the whole time.

Richard gave me a blessing which was super spiritual and so needed.
Went back to my room and opened a package from my dearest friend Ashley Lopeztello who is at college in Arizona right now and bless her heart, sent my a package that I was not even expecting... 
SO blessed to have a friend like her.
While talking to Ashley on the phone, MATTHEW PAYNE walks in my bedroom door unexpectedly.
He would...and he did. He is currently sleeping on my couch and will see me off in 5 hours.

Oh, my friend from work last semester, Sean McElwain called me and left me the sweetest voicemail in the whole world. Ahhhh I am so blessed to have amazing friends.

Hannah texted me, "K bye" and I had an amazing last Saturday with her at Balboa 
(I love you Hannah, you know that)

I got numerous facebook posts from amazing people such as Belle, Sarah, Ali, Taylor, Karissa, Ani, Madi and Caitlin. (Sorry if I left someone out) You guys, if you are reading this, that seriously meant so much. Every single one of those posts I adore. I wish I could print them, frame them and take them with me. 
I could, but I don't have enough time. Time is the worst. Hahaha

Caitlin somehow texted me and that was the greatest thing ever.
Madi left me a super nice voicemail. (sorry for not calling you back)
To top it all off, I found a postcard sitting on my kitchen table like it's no big deal from
Elder Thomas. 
Came today. Perfect timing.

I cannot begin to describe how grateful and blessed I am to have so many great people in my life that love me and are supporting me and my trip to Africa. 
This trip wouldn't be happening without my parents. They have put up with me this past month and have made sure I have every single little thing I wouldn't even have thought of. They have pretty much done everything. They are the best parents I could ever ask for and I owe them big time. 
(Mom, Dad, I'll take care of you when you're old...deal? Deal.)

Thank you again to everyone who has donated and those who are thinking of me while on my trip. 
I am beyond excited to see what the summer has in store for me.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment