Friday, May 11, 2012

Welcome to Africa!

I am so overwhelmed with what I have been experiencing, it's hard to look back and describe every single detail I was feeling and seeing throughout my arrival. But here I go to the best of my ability.
Arriving in the Nairobi airport was unreal (beware, I will be using that word alot)
We like checked into our next flight and African people were everywhere. That sounds so dumb but it was just like, wow I am really in Africa. Actually, that "wow I'm really in Africa" feeling didn't hit me until today, but we will get to that later...
Getting on the plane from Nairobi to Entebee!
  
HELLO AFRICA                                                                                     MY GREEN CARD   


My first encounter with a Ugandan! Her name is Mae Mai (not sure if that's how it's spelled but looks cool)
I totally sat next to this precious woman on the plane ride to Entebee and she was so sweet, shy and softspoken ahhhh. She was very timid and it was hard to understand her but this is what I learned about Mae Mai
Her story: She lives in Kampala with her husband and two kids. She was coming home from a business trip in China. She makes bags and takes them to China. Hahaha, that's pretty much all I got out of it. 
I was taking pictures out the window with my ipad and she was so amused by it so I showed her how I can switch the camera and we can see ourselves taking a picture. She asked how much it was too and I didn't know if I should actually tell her so I just said I didn't know, it was a gift, which is true. When we were getting off the plane I noticed there was a doll shoe on the plane and remembered she was carrying a doll around so picked it up and found her when I got off the plane and she was so grateful and gave me a hug and kissed my checks. Best welcome to Africa ever.

1 comment: