Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sipi Falls

Well this weekend wasn't the best or anything...
The whole team (minus a couple of people) hiked to two waterfalls through the jungles of Africa.
It was the most beautifulist event of my life thus far...Who knew falling water could be so captivating?
Just before we got to the first waterfall...
Just in a cave underneath two waterfalls...
 Why not go play in the waterfall?
 The more we hiked the more beautiful it got...
 Kara and I
Don't let Jan and I distract you from observing that nice contrast between the water falling and the lush green bushes/trees...
 This nice young man along with many others welcomed us on our hike to the second waterfall. His name is Richard and as soon as he told me that, my face lit up and I of course mentioned to him my father's name is Richard. He got a chuckle out of that. That's the farthest we got with conversation because everything else I said, he didn't understand. The language barrier sucks. He helped me the whole way on the hike. He was in front of me the whole time and kept looking back to check on me. He took my hands multiple times to help me up some steep parts...it was the best. I felt safe with him all because his name is Richard. haha
 Like are we serious right now? It's freaken so beautiful here, it's unreal but not really considering this is a real picture I took with my camera.
 Just posing by this massive waterfall....can we just point out Jan's massive/muscular arm please?? 
 And the picture of the day goes to.....
 Seriously though, that hike was like the best thing ever. There was a point where we hiked like in the waterfall...there was water spraying everywhere and you couldn't see anything but it was coolest thing everrrrr oh, I actually have a picture of it...
 By the time we got back into town we were STARVING and considering we barely have any food at our house and Kara's uncle's "50 mile rule" (you can go get something to eat if you are 50+ more miles from your house) we bought ourselves some Rolexs. Let me just explain to you this delicious snack...veggies (bells pepper, onion, garlic, tomato) scrambled up with some eggs rolled in Chipotte. Basically like an African breakfast burrito you could say? Oh man it is yummyyyy. and not to mention, super cheap. We're talkin 1500 shilings...which is about 75 cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment