Sunday, August 12, 2012

Peter


I've been having the hardest time naming my posts lately. I try to be creative but it doesn't work. I can't get over how obsessed with Africa I am. I just look at these pictures and smile. Ahhh I love these people. On the left we have Emma. He was our guard for a couple days when David went home to see his family. He just applied for all the BYU's and is hoping to get a couple semesters in before his mission. On the right we have Ester. She is just working on her mission papers. She is incredible and I look up to her so much.

Not exactly sure who this woman is but she wanted a picture with us so why not, right?
This child whose name I don't even know but is the same one that fell asleep in my arms last week that I thought was a girl who is actually a boy ran up to me when I walked into church today. He's a stinker so I decided to throw him around a bit. He loved it. 


This is Peter with Tyrel creeping in the background. Our incredibly happy faces might look staged but we were seriously laughing this hard. We knew each other existed but hadn't really talked until today.  We instantly loved each other which is probably the reason for our cheerful faces. He has the greatest accent. His grandpa lived in Germany for 10 years and he ended up living with him when he came back to Uganda and developed this hilarious accent. Can't even explain it but it's great. In addition he just got his mission call to Johannesburg, South Africa!! Oh and he just found out a month ago he was 24. He thought he was 21. How bizarre is that. Could you imagine? I tried to think about how I would react if I found out I was 3 years older then I was...like whatttt??? He handled it pretty well which is obvious because look at him. He's as happy as they come. We had such a good talk. I just really learned a lot from him. He made my day.  
 Trying to assemble ourselves with the missionaries in the least awkward way possible. I love these guys. It's super cool to talk to them. We obviously all relate cus we're American but it's also way cool to like talk about them being called here and the culture differences and about home. I just love missionaries so much and look up to them like they wouldn't believe. 
 Hahahahahaha yeah, didn't work out so well. Just decided to embrace the awkwardness.
 Side saddle. You know how we doooo
 On our way to make homemade Rolexs!
 Stopped to get some whiddle baby bananas
Our rolex turned out beautifully. It consisted of egg, tomatoes, bell peppers, onion topped with mozz cheese, avo and french fries rolled in a chipotte. THE ULTIMATE ROLEX
The restaurant was super busy when we got there so we assisted Sam.
 This is a fish. Tilapia to be specific...from Lake Victoria. It was defrosting in the sink just as I was washing my hands and it was staring at me. I already hate fish let alone dead ones that stare at me while I'm minding my own business. Nast.
 Issa brought this cute little one into the kitchen and claimed she was his and he just found out three days ago. Can't decide if I believe him or not. She was so cute, she was drinking a soda and offered it to me like 6 times. The best is when she was standing in the middle of the kitchen then all of a sudden she started peeing hahaha I was laughing so hard and Issa got mad at me and told me it wasn't funny but it was hilarious. P.S. Do you love my Africa necklace? I do. 
Let's not talk about how I leave in a week and a half. Okay awesome, we won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment