Friday, August 10, 2012

See ya later Kara

I decided I'm going to dedicate this post to Kara because she just left and this was one of our last bonding experiences at a potential project. We've been involved in a project at this man's school from church whose name is Steven. There is so much to be done, we connected him with another partner we work with whose name is Sula and he's putting in a rain catcher! We we're stressing we weren't going to be able to do anything because it winding down to the last couple weeks so we are so glad Sula helped us out. Stoked.
 This is Steven's cute family that's in our ward. After we visited the school, we went over to their house and his wife, Sara made us potatoes and they were delicious!
Here is Sula, Kara and I all on a Boda. Mind you, we can barely fit 2 passengers on a Boda let alone 3. We're pretty talented. It was actually pretty comfortable haha
Kara left this morning. It was not the best. We've been pretty tight since day one. I've mentioned this plenty of times but we think the exact same and whenever we have conversations we always know what the other person is going to say before we say it. It's the best. We've had so many good memories here in Uganda including this Boda ride. One of my favs is running in the mornings and the African children joining us. We always had so many deep convos about life and talking out what we want to do with our lives. Ahhhhh, she is one of the most selfless people I've ever met. I am so grateful I was able to live with her in Africa for 3 months and I'm sad she has to go but I know we have a lifetime of friendship ahead of us back in America! See ya in real life sucker. Miss you already, obvs. Let me know how delicious In N Out is when you get home. Peace.

1 comment: