Sunday, August 12, 2012

There Is No Problem

After all the craziness with projects Maddy and I felt like we deserved a day off. We went to the resort just down the street from our house, got some crepes and layed out by the pool for some 4 hours. It actually felt like summer for the first time all summer. I forgot it was summer at home until I actually thought about it as I was laying by the pool. 
 Underwater camera=the best
 Seriously I didn't even feel like we were in Africa
After our nice relaxation we went to Sam's hotel to make pizza!!
 The best pizza I've had in Africa so far. Even better then that time I had pizza the other day. 
 We were tempted to eat the whole thing but didn't want to feel obese so we saved some for 
David and Sam. 
 I don't even like oreos but somehow this happened. That is ice cream too. Hahahaha I love how I had no idea I would be eating like this in Africa.
 We of course had to top off the night with some dancing at the Thatch and that we did. This was probably the best Boda ride of our lives. Halfway through the tire becomes flat and there is no traction so we could literally tip over at any minute and we ask if everything is okay and the Boda driver goes, "We go slowly, slowly...there is no problem" Hahahahah it was the best quote of the night. 
 We were so close then his Boda literally started falling apart hahaha some like plastic thing fell off and we decided it would be the best idea to just get off and help him push it up the hill. Luckily this happened right as we were pulling up to Thatch. Oh my it was so funny.
 EYUBBBB. I can't get over how adorable he and his dance moves are
The dynamic duo
 I forget this guys name but he's got some serious rythmn. 
Maddy and I are legends here. But seriously people see us in town and are like were you at Thatch friday night? Maddy and I just look at each other every time and bust up laughing. They love us
 This was the clan of the night minus Sam. We had some serious stalkers and all of these men protected us. It was the best. Never felt unsafe thanks to them
 The next morning we were suppossed to get up super early to catch a bus to Jinja (about 2 hours away) but that obviously didn't happen so we ended up catching a taxi at like 11. We went to Jinja which is the tourist city of Uganda and did some serious suvinor shopping. I don't want to spoil what I got people so all you get is a pic of Maddy and I on the way there haha.
There were so many white people it was not cool. But what was cool was seeing those white people and them having no idea we live in Uganda. Most people we talked to were just passing through or had only been there a couple of weeks so we felt pretty awesome. The taxi ride home was freezing so as soon as we got into town we went to this Indian restaurant and treated ourselves to this bomb vegetable sweet corn soup accompanied by garlic naan. Ohhhh baby it was divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment