Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Welcome What? Home.

The moment walking off the plane to my family was so unreal. I could not help but smile knowing that my family who I haven't seen in 4 months was awaiting my arrival. Here I am embracing the little ones.
 Lara was happy to have me home. 
 How cute are they? They made signs for me.
This guyyyyyy. Meet my best friend Joshua Miller who has been on a mission in Costa Rica for the past two years and the only communication I've had with him is hand written letters for the past two years. He got home while I was in Africa and came to the airport! It was so crazy seeing him in real life rather then pictures. Words cannot describe this moment. I missed him so much and so glad he is finally home. 
 How adorable is he right? I know, I know.


Matthew Payne also greeted me at the airport. These guys are too good to me. 
 The family. 
 Jakester
 Trevster
 I got two main men in my life aside from my father and my little brothers...here they are.
 It is so weird being back in America. I feel like it's so fake here and nobody appreciates what they have. Nobody understands that we have everything. I knew I was going to have reverse culture shock but I didn't know it was going to be this bad. I'm still trying to get used to sleeping in a bed without a misquito net, sitting in a living room with carpet and a flat screen T.V. mounted on the wall, an unlimited amount of food available in the fridge, and ice water. It's all so overwhelming. I just love the fact that I am a completely different person then I was before I left. I have realized so much about myself and about life in general. I am so blessed I was able to have this adventure for the past four months and I'm so excited to see what other adventures my life has in store. 

Thank you to everyone who read my blog. You're comments and kind words really helped me through this summer. I hoped you learned/gained some perspective through my pictures and stories. I could not have asked for a better learning experience. I loved every moment and learned more then I could have ever imagined. Now back to real life...until next time Africa.  

2 comments:

  1. Kelsey, thanks for the share. This has been an incredible journey. Loves! A. Hill

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have no idea who i am, but I went to the same place you did last year so I know a lot of the faces that you posted pictures of. I was in charge of our Smile Camp too with Dr. Fred. THank you for what you did in keeping the smile camp alive!! I have tears coming down my face after reading this because even a year later I can't shake Africa. Thank you for taking 4 months of your life to help those sweet sweet people. I love you for it.

    ReplyDelete